Bernoulli Finance is a financial services consultancy for mission-positive ventures. We help our clients achieve and sustain success by developing and improving their financial operations, guiding them on how to optimize their resources, and helping them implement long-term financial strategies. Put simply, we do finance for good and have fun doing it.
The Bernoulli Finance team is spread across the world. Central to our company culture is the belief that you do not need to be in a fixed office space as long as you have the discipline to work remotely and are comfortable with digital communication. The distance does not make us any less connected, it just means that our clocks are set to several time zones. We believe in a strong WiFi signal and maximum flexibility for a better quality of life.
In a nutshell, we are entrepreneurs helping entrepreneurs, and are seeking an inquisitive, organized mind to join our crew. This is a new position at Bernoulli Finance. The person who will fill it is expected to help expand our service offering to include bookkeeping, and assist with strengthening our internal operations. This position is targeted to support our greater NY area-based clients but may work with businesses based outside this region.
Primarily based in virtual space, this will be a full-time salaried position that requires flexibility and a high comfort level with time management and digital communication. There may be occasional in-person meetings within our team and with clients.
May include, but not limited to:
- Full-cycle bookkeeping, which includes booking daily transactions, monthly and annual bank/credit card reconciliations
- Preparation of reports for Bernoulli Finance, client management, and third party tax accountants;
- Tracking company performance against established budgets;
- Supporting with filing quarterly sales tax reports including, but not limited to, BoE, sales, and use tax;
- Proactive A/R management: tracking aging receivables, following up for collection as needed, accepting payments, and allocating revenue by division;
- Assisting with inventory management and tracking;
- Constant proactive oversight of the entire financial system with a keen eye for efficiency and improvement.
Administrative / Research Responsibilities
May include, but not limited to:
- Conducting research and collecting data to assist with preparing reports and writing content;
- Designing, maintaining, and mining databases;
- Managing schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements;
- Assisting with social media research and management.
At minimum required:
- At least 2 years of experience in full-charge bookkeeping, ideally in a startup environment;
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or Desktop, experience with other accounting software is a major plus;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business
And also preferred:
- Knowledge of POS systems;
- Experience with inventory management concepts and systems;
- Experience with ecommerce platforms, sales & fulfillment;
Interests & Attitude
- Detail oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills;
- Energetic, proactive and highly motivated with a flexible and positive attitude;
- Efficient and organized communicator – oral, written, and mathematical;
- Tech-savvy, scrappy troubleshooter, ready to learn new skills and software;
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and creatively.
Qualified candidates are invited to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t just send us a resume, say hi and grab our attention with your email. Use the email subject line “Bernoulli Finance - Bookkeeper & Assistant ”.